Broadband Packages & Deals
Broadband Internet has become commonplace in today's society. Not only does this service enable us to access all of the latest online information, but this data can be viewed at incredibly high speeds. Still, finding the best deals on the market can sometimes be challenging. This is why appreciating the basics is very important.
Let us therefore examine some of the main types of broadband packages as well as a handful of factors that should be taken into account. We will then conclude by listing what may consider to be the best broadband providers within the United Kingdom marketplace. If you are looking to make an informed decision, the details below will be quite useful.
What Types of Broadband Packages Currently Exist?
From a very general point of view, broadband Internet bundles can be broken down into a handful of categories:
- Broadband Only
- Broadband, telephone and television
- Comprehensive bundles including mobile services
The first option is normally the cheapest due to its standalone nature. This could be the best choice if you only require a reliable Internet connection or if you already possess a provider for telephone and television services.
Broadband speeds are measured in megabytes per second and you are charged a nominal monthly fee in regards to data usage. Assuming that you stay within this cap, you will not be charged any more. However, exceeding this limitation could lead to surcharges. The good news is that the majority of providers now tend to offer unlimited plans.
Broadband, television and telephone
This is a second variable to keep in mind. These bundles are often chosen if you are looking to simplify monthly charges into a single monthly statement. You could also be provided with rebates in regards to the services offered.
An additional amenity involves the fact that you can select from various different packages (such as one which offers access to high-definition sports channels or 4K resolutions when viewing the latest film releases.
Bundles including mobile services
The final option is the most comprehensive plan and it has become a very popular alternative. Assuming that your mobile provider is the same one which offers broadband Internet services, why not lump these plans into a single monthly payment? Once again, this is a great way to reduce any confusion associated with multiple accounts.
You will still be able to enjoy unfettered smartphone access while out and about. Still, let's not fail to mention that any usage that exceeds your monthly limitations will increase your statement at the end of the billing cycle.
What Factors Should You Address in Advance?
- The first main concept to appreciate is the notion of an "unlimited" broadband package. This can actually be somewhat of a misnomer, as certain companies place very high caps on monthly usage limits. While this might not be a problem if you only use the Internet sparingly or you stream videos, downloading large files (such as a full-length film) could easily "eat into" your plan. Always make sure if there are any caps on a proposed broadband package.
- Also, examine the speeds of the service in terms of megabytes per second. Many providers are now associated with velocities well over 50 megabytes per second. However, this could be redundant if you happen to own a slower computer or if your physical cable connection cannot support such a high bandwidth. In other words, you may end up paying for much more than you are actually using.
- Finally, take a look at the reputation of the provider in question. Are customers satisfied with their services? Do they offer broadband to your region? How do their rates and surcharges stack up to competitors? This brings us to the final point.
Top UK Broadband Providers
The current companies which have proven to be the most popular include:
- BT Broadband
- EE Broadband
- GiffGaff Broadband
- O2 Broadband
- Plusnet Broadband
- Sky Broadband
- TalkTalk Broadband
- Three Broadband
- Uswitch Broadband
- Virgin Broadband
- Vodafone UK
- Zen Broadband
Please research each in greater detail while taking the above points into account if you hope to find a great deal.